Window Tax, liable to be paid by occupiers of property rather than owners, was intoduced in 1696 and collected until 1851. Before 1784 the Window Tax and various other taxes were assessed separately but from this date a consolidated assessment to incorporate the various taxes on houses, servants, carriages etc. came into being. Those occupiers deemed to be impoverished were not required to contribute. this book contains a transcription of one such consolidated assessment, the 1801-2 return for the Three Hundreds of Newport, complemented by an extract from the return of the previous year for those parishes missing from the 1801-2 return. The Three Hundreds of Newport included the parishes of Castlethorpe, Cold Brayfield, Gayhurst, Hanslope, Haversham, Lathbury, Lavendon, Little Linford, Olney with Warrington, Ravenstone, Stoke Goldington, Tyringham with Filgrave and Weston Underwood [Bunsty Hundred], Astwood, Bow Brickhill, Broughton, Chicheley, Clifton Reynes, Emberton with Petsoe, Great Brickhill, Hardmead, Little Brickhill, Milton Keynes, Moulsoe, Newton Blossomville, North Crawley, Sherington, Walton and Wavendon [Moulsoe Hundred] and Bletchley with Water Eaton, Bradwell with Bradwell Abbey, Calverton, Fenny Stratford, Great Linford, Loughton, Newport Pagnell with Caldecot, Newton Longville, Shenley Church End, Simpson, Stantonbury, Stoke Hammond, Stony Stratford East, Stony Stratford West, Willen, Woolstone Magna (Great), Woolstone Parva (Little), Wolverton and Woughton on the Green [Secklow Hundred].